To our valued clients:
West Wind Veterinary Hospital continues to operate under normal business hours for dogs, cats and horses while also offering 24/7 emergency care for horses as per usual.
We are now pleased to be able to offer virtual visits. Please contact us at 780-662-0112 to book your telemedicine consult today.
In the face of COVID-19, various levels of government are considering a mandatory shutdown of all "non-essential" services. The CVMA holds that veterinary practices provide "essential" services to Canadians. Additionally, there is currently no evidence to suggest this virus is circulating or being spread by animals in Canada. As such, for the foreseeable future WWVH will continue to service our patients. However, we will be adding extra precautionary measure to promote both the safety of our clients and our staff.
- Enforcing strict social distancing in-clinic and on farm calls. Clients will be asked to remain in their vehicles in the parking lot. A staff member will come to meet you at your vehicle to collect your pet/horse for their appointment or to bring you out pet food and prescriptions. Farm calls will be executed by direction of the attending veterinarian.
- If clients are to attend the appointment, it will be limited to one person in the exam room. Additional owners can join the appointment via FaceTime or speakerphone.
- If you have an upcoming appointment and are experiencing a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or have travelled or been in contact with individuals who have travelled outside of Canada, we request that for everyone's safety you contact our team to reschedule your appointment. If the appointment is urgent, we can discuss with you how best to proceed.
- Extra sanitization protocols are in place at the clinic. Hand sanitizer stations located at the front desk must be used upon entry and exit of the clinic.
As the situation continues to evolve, we will be constantly reassessing and adapting our processes to adhere to the latest updates and health guidelines. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please call us at (780)662-0112 or email email@example.com.
We appreciate your cooperation.
West Wind Veterinary Hospital
West Wind Veterinary Hospital is a proud supporter of the surrounding communities of South Cooking Lake, Hastings Lake, Sherwood Park, Ardrossan, and Edmonton. We provide both monetary and prize support to the Alberta horse community for horse related groups and events throughout the year. We are also proud to partner with the local Edmonton and area community in spay and neuter initiatives and in finding permanent homes for unwanted or neglected animals that would otherwise be euthanized.
Organizations and events West Wind is proud to have supported:
- Aurora Arabian Horse Show
- Alberta Barrel Racing Association
- Alberta Morgan Horse Club
- Alberta Reining North Branch
- Alberta Trail Riding Association
- Amberlea Meadows - Jump With Hope for Kids With Cancer Horse Show
- Battle River High School Rodeo Association
- Bruce Stampede
- Caledonia Classic Horse Show
- Canadian Finals Rodeo
- Canadian National College Finals Rodeo
- Camrose Rodeo
- Clearwater Horse Club
- Colchester Ag Society
- Cooking Lake Fun Show
- Duanne Robbins Team Roping
- Edmonton Classic Horse Show
- Edmonton Hunter Jumper Association
- Killerney Farms
- KittyHawk Foundation
- Mane Event
- Pinto Horse Association
- Still Meadows Ranch
- Strathcona All Breed Association
- Trendsetting Farms
- U of A College Rodeo Team
- Wild Pink Yonder
Professional organizations West Wind belongs to: